Sunday, March 30, 2008

Reinstall Vista,

When blue screen appears every two days, anti-virus software cannot be installed, and external harddrive unrecognizable by my less than one year old Vista Ultimate, I know its time to reinstall my Vista. I should be able to restore the whole system from previous image backup; unfortunately, it is on my external harddrive, which cannot be recognized by system anymore. As Microsoft said, it is due to some corruption driver file, which I tried and gave up the fix. Obviously a new installation should be faster, and give me a nice system, hopefully.
Reinstall the Vista is faster and easy, but reinstall all additional application is a long and painful process.

Application list:
All windows patches
Norton Anti-virus
Daemon Tool
Nvidia Video driver
Chinese language pack for Vista Ultimate
Microsoft laser mouse 6000
Windows Live Messenger
Skype
Foobar
Windows Home Server connector
Adobe creative suite 3 (photoshop, illustrator, acrobat)
Micrsoft Office 2007
Microsoft Student and Encarta 2008
Adobe lightroom 1.3
Microsoft synctoy
Google toolbar
ffdshow/vobsub/ac3filter
real alternative/smplayer
Microsoft Chinese Date & Time
Flashget 1.9.6
Nikon Capture NX 1.3
Messenger Plus 4.6
BlueSoleil 5.5 (Good Job IVT, much easy to use now)
lame MP3 encoding 3.9.1
map3tag
Office 2007 SP1
Windows Media Encoder 9

No comments: