Tuesday, November 27, 2007

First Impression of Windows Live Messenger 9.0 Beta

I received an email from Microsoft that I am allowed to test WLM 9.0 beta. The file size of WLM9.0 is 17.3M, take a few minutes to downloaded from Microsoft connect,











Installation is very smooth on my computer with Vista Ultimate, and I am also going to test it on my laptop.






There is no suprise that the Messenger Plus! is no longer working.



Since the main purpose for me to install Plus! is to display dynamic pictures, it should not be a big issue as this version of WLM supports animated gif file.






Major new features of WLM 9.0 including (1)sign-in in multiple location, I am going to test it after installing another copy on my laptop.














(2) Signature sounds: this is really cool. I am going assign a loud and special sound to my dad's account, so my mom will never complain me to ignore her any more.













(3)SPIM(spam over IM) reporting: I don't care. I limited contacted list to friends only. (4)Animated display picture and hyperlind support: should be done long time ago.

This is just first impression of WLM 9.0, and going to test more.

No comments: